Ask Me Anything with Yohan Graterol 11/01/2019
Hi everybody, @yograterol here from Estonia this time.
will you continue with ETC dev?
Of course. We will make every project of CLO compatible with ETC
What is the development focus for the CLO ecosystem in 2019?
1- 51% attack guard.
2- New Wallet.
3- Cold Staking upgrade.
4- Constantinople HF.
Is there deadline of 51% attack guard?
Late 2019, November
What is the 51% attack guard? And why wouldnt you advise the same on ETC if it was a good idea? unless you are taking the centralized route
https://docs.pirl.io/en/development/core/pirlguard/ this is the first option for us right now.
I talked with Pirl founder and we will audit the code and port to Parity if it’s siutable for us.
And I don’t recommend it for ETC because, I didn’t tested it, we will not implement it right now, we have deadline late 2019 to test it enought if it works well I will try to recommend it for ETC.
Do you plan to do something to increase the price of CLO?
We never stop our plans, however price doesn’t depend just of development, market is a key part and we don’t control the market
Price will grow by increasing the demand for CLO… The Question is how will you make the demand to increase for CLO ?
new developments + continuous marketing + more community participation + get new investors like startup
it’s not a magic recipe, but it help to take advantage to the bull market when it happens
Hello Yohan, simple question. If ETC changes algo, will we change it too?
Against ASIC might yes, it could be for late 2019.
I know you do not have plans to change Algo form ethash but in the future if you wanted to change how long would that take to implement?
What do you think the ETC team to do with these on going 51%? auto checkpointing like bcash? merged mining with ETH? POW change? POS? hold out until ETH goes POS and ETC will be dominant ethhash mined? Try and get defensive hashpower to help protect ETC right now?
Well, it’s a hard question, I’m not sure what is the best option for ETC right now. Because: https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/1082491687169998848
Hi Yohan, first of all I wish you a happy new year and hope you’re well. I’d like to ask an array of questions I’ve collected since the last AMA, most of which should be interesting to many.
- What are you working on right now, Yohan?
My main job is management and some software development tasks. I am handling all operative things to keep going the project.
- What is Dexaran currently working on?
Researching and getting EOS audit team.
- Are we expected to see more involvement from @dexaran#7457 and others from team with the community and project or is activity limited around the hard fork dates? it really bothers me to schedule a timeframe to attend an “AMA” in order to ask my questions – it wasn’t like this in the beginning and I’m feeling that the team is getting detached from community.
We always here, Dexaran has a fixed position about his work in the project https://medium.com/@dexaran820/callisto-network-updates-24-sep-2018-44e7006e9417
you could put your question here and we will give you an answer.
- Who is working on the improvements of cold staking UI?
- Who is working on the integration of cold staking in other wallets than CEW and exchanges?
Our CMO, Trust Wallet, Guarda, Coinomi have support to CS.
- When will we see an update of the financial report? the argument “no update because of gdpr” comes across like an excuse for not having to maintain and disclose financial matters, first: gdpr has been introduced in May last year, but the report is filed up to October, second: gdpr concerns only personal data of individuals and not some hash values in a random table
Financial report included in some time info about who is receiving some CLO, we can’t add it for anyone. We have deadline for Q4 update up to 20 january.
- Financial transparency: please describe the nature of transaction 0x34aac1c72819c06dd3079b1b8169b782cf3543ec6ded4278bb94131512079f25 (payment of 17 mln CLO from treasury to dexaran’s address – which btw he sent to staking address right away)
It’s part of the BTC than Dexaran put for HitBTC.
- Financial transparency: please find and show proof for transaction 0xe66cf94f39a4f02f9d35d74b8d413c819b9e2ca63a5a648535f0f72d9f7c2259 (proof/receipt of former payment to HitBTC)
Ok, we will find it.
- As per whitepaper: can you confirm that with beginning of the cold staking stage (Nov. 11,2018), that you, dexaran and carlos no longer receive 500k, 500k and 100k CLO initial launch period rewards per month and instead share rewards based on 10 percent development funding from the treasury fee as described in the whitepaper?
It’s not specified a “no longer receive”
- Who is in charge of treasury and is there a plan to involve people from the community with treasury supervision to ensure that funds are used properly?
We must comply EU laws and financial reports for Estonia.
- Which measure will be taken to tackle the upcoming problem of 51 percent attacks with ASICs and WHEN?
Hi boss! what steps will be taken for the interest of future investors?
Improve the product is the only way to get and keep investors. Audit will be key for it this year.
Whether the clo team thought of introduction of clo in various charity foundations for the help to people for example? Funds for attraction of financial resources of donation…. It could be made additional function and drawing attention around the world as the blockchain is a confidence that money will reach the final recipient and transparency of donations…. can be to eat sense in it for clo?
It could be a good idea. cc @alejomc
1. Whether are outlined some large-scale public relations of the company for clo? For example in China? The Coinbene needs volumes at the exchange. I think there could be good investors….
In China we are looking, work-in-progress, about Coinbene volume yes, we are working to get new investors there and increase volume in that exchange.
2. Why there is no report on financial expenditure so long?
We will try to keep real time the financial report, we was looking a way to keep it in real time, we got a way the next financial report will have txs in real time with description.
3. I am sure that it is necessary to go on a conference blockchain. And as often as possible to do it. Why for 1 year of existence you did not present the project at similar conferences? Same engine advertizing clo. That not only miners but also large investors knew about clo. Otherwise miners and farther will constantly reduction in price from sale of clo.
About conferences, I will go to devcon this year. And the idea is use our advisors to get more presence in large blockchain events.
Have you a plan how to stop inflation of clo?
We’re discussing about monetary policy, we will publish this month the thread to get the opinion of the communith and vote the best option.
Any idea for a new use case? CS dApp is great, but more implementation features shoul be developed. any ideas for new dApps?
For now, audit and CS will be our key features, we must increase the audit demand for large companies (coming), SDK for dapps is a idea for this year.
Healthy new year, 1. Will CLO burn some coins in the future because the total amount of “6.500.000.000” CLO is very big to bring CLO in the future over 1$. 2. What kind of products does Clo have, only smart contract auditing?
No, 6.5 billion is the max amount, we don’t have a plan to reduce the max amount.
Hey Yohan! Do you have any requests for cardano smart contract security audit;
No for now. We’re focusing in CLO, ETC, ETC and EOS
I would love to spend clo to develop and audit my idea and i need to find developers interessed
Yes, you’re right. Q3-Q4 should be for development tools. Maybe we will publish a contest for developers in CLO.
Yohan what are you doing in Estonia?
Working 😀 Callisto Network Foundation OÜ is registered here. We are looking lawyers and accountants.
After analyze constantinople that will be included in HF in May this year. Will be the same with elemnts like the upgrade that will happen to ETH?
We will add EIP 145, EIP 1052, EIP 1283, EIP 101
New exchange information?
Wait for it a bit 🙂 new year is beginning
IBM purchased 9100 patents in 2018. A portion of them were for crypto. Is anyone concerned about patents neutering the crypto space?
Software patents just apply mostly in US. TBH It doesn’t worry me. Cryptoworld is mainly Asia, Russia, Europe.
Make transfer protection through 2FA authentication. How to protect against viruses? (Сделать защиту переводов через 2FA authentication. Как защита от вирусов?)
If your are doing largest transfer you could use a PC just for that, by example a Raspbery Pi. You turn on it just for make transactions.
Another option to make offline transactions https://kb.myetherwallet.com/offline/making-offline-transaction-on-myetherwallet.html
There are some plan to get clo into kiosks?
CLO – FIAT – CLO, is a goal for this year. About kiosks no plan.
There are some plan for crypto card? Or goal its only fiat pairs?
Crypto cards… Sounds like a good idea. Sell crypto such as a Netflix code in stores?
I refer to card to spend clo in worlwide stores. But your idea its even better! There are some plans about that?
No plan, We haven’t thought about it. However PM me and tell me more