Attention! Hard Fork 1 Approaching Soon
Hard Fork 1
As announced earlier, Callisto Network will implement its first hard fork on 11 November, 2018. In order to ensure a smooth implementation, there are some precautions to be taken before the hard fork takes place. This change on Callisto’s blockchain will be mainly focused on the implementation of Cold Staking protocol.
The hard fork will occur on block 1,400,000 between 11th and 12th November.
It is mandatory for Exchanges and Mining Pools to upgrade the clients in order to be compliant with the HF1-release.
Upgrading Client Codes
In order to have a smooth run of the hard fork, Exchanges and Mining Pools are required to upgrade the client codes with the ones that are compatible with HF1.
- The HF1 client update can be found on our Github repository.
The implementation of Cold Staking is already in place. The contract will be activated on 12 November at 00:00. To learn more about Cold Staking protocol, we have created some interesting articles in the past:
- What’s Cold Staking?
- Cold Staking vs. Masternodes – The Difference
- Implementation on testnet
- Latest development: Choice of 3 different contracts
- Bug Bounty program for exploiting CS contract
- Everything you need to know about Cold Staking