The Callisto Network community is dedicated to providing a harassment-free space. We do not tolerate harassment in any form. The guidelines below apply to all Callisto Network community spaces, including but not limited to Telegram, Twitter, GitHub, and Facebook. This applies to all community members, including Callisto Network development foundation members, and applies to individual or private communication among the business community.
The community leaders reserve the right to remove anyone who fails to comply with these guidelines at their sole discretion.
Please be aware that some Callisto Network community spaces may have additional rules. These rules will be publicly posted and available for review; it is the responsibility of all participants to read and abide by these rules.
- Participate genuinely and proactively. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- Exercise caution and respect in your speech and actions. Attempt to collaborate and avoid conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your fellow participants. Alert community leaders if you observe violations of these community guidelines.
- Due to the potential financial impact on our community members, please use caution when posting. If you have a serious problem, please contact an administrator privately as soon as possible. After your discussion, the administrator will summarize the resolution, avoiding any unnecessary panic.
- The use of scare tactics, FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt), fake news, or hype is not allowed in our community. Repeated attempts will result in a permanent ban.
- Aside from clearly defined groups, all communication on the Callisto Network spaces is in English. Any messages posted in a language other than the official language of the channel will be deleted.
As the community is a harassment-free space, the following are examples of behavior and actions that should never be seen in the community:
- Threats of violence.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Harassing photography, recording, or trolling.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Hate speech (offensive comments about race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, language, religion, disability, mental illness, or physical appearance).
- Excessive profanity.
- NSFW content.
- Pornography (Including links).
- Sending any form of malware.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent, except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- A pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inadequate levels of intimacy with others.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
If you are being harassed by a member of the Callisto Community or have any other concerns, please contact the community leaders at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or contact the specific community administrators. If the person who is harassing you is a community leader or administrator, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.
These community guidelines apply to Callisto community spaces. However, if you are being harassed by a member of the Callisto community outside of our spaces, we still want to know it. We will review all good-faith reports of harassment by Callisto community members. This includes harassment that took place at any point in time. The abuse team reserves the right to exclude people from the Callisto community based on their past behavior, including behavior outside of the Callisto community spaces and behavior towards people who are not in the Callisto community.
To protect the response team’s employees, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe has been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests to protect victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints or privately warn third parties about them if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of Callisto community members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their permission.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, our response team may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including removing that participant from all Callisto community spaces.
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly reported for violating these community guidelines, you should notify email@example.com with a concise description of your grievance.